We are currently reviewing submissions from teen writers who are interested in writing a memoir for the Louder Than Words series. We’re looking to connect with teen girls ages 13-19 who:
- are passionate about writing
- have an important real-life story to tell
- love to journal, blog, or write poetry
- dream of being a publishing author
If this describes you, you can apply to be a Louder Than Words author by
emailing editor Deborah Reber (email@example.com) with the following information:
- Your name, age, and email address
- A detailed description of the real-life story you’d like to share. Please give a sense of the overall theme of the story and details regarding the personal journey you want to share with the world. Put yourself in the readers’ shoes—what would they take away from your story? Write as much about your story as you like.
- Two writing samples that demonstrate your style, tone, and writing ability. You can submit nonfiction essays, journal entries, blog entries, or fiction pieces, but please, no poetry unless you can imagine writing a whole book in verse. Try to choose pieces that represent the style of writing you would use in your book, and send your best stuff!
- A few sentences describing the role writing plays in your life and why you want to be a Louder Than Words author.