RSSPregnancy

Effective Ways to Induce your Labor

February 8, 2018

Self inducing pregnancy. Always and I mean always talk to your OB and get the facts. There are more old-wise tales and myths about inducing your own pregnancy than there are readers on this site. Beware of the consequences and take time to understand what could with very high possibly will happen to the baby. […]

Continue Reading

Is it Safe to take Antidepressants through Pregnancy – Yes

February 8, 2018

After having my first child, I experienced the common “pregnancy blues” but was fortunate enough to have it stop within two weeks after leaving the hospital. Unfortunately, I wasn’t so lucky with my second child. I had full blown postpartum depression, which affected my parenting as well as my marriage. It was a difficult struggle […]

Continue Reading

Dealing with an Incompetent Cervix

February 7, 2018

I didn’t find out that I had an incompetent cervix until I was over halfway through my second pregnancy. I had already had my first son premature and my husband and I had been worried about our second one being premature also. We had not known why I had our first son so early, so […]

Continue Reading

Pregnancy am i having a Boy or a Girl

February 7, 2018

One of the most asked questions a woman is asked during her pregnancy is if she’s going to be having a boy or a girl. This question can be answered easily if the mother is beyond 20 weeks in her pregnancy and if she has chosen to receive an ultrasound to determine the sex. However, […]

Continue Reading

Pregnancy over 35 Tests and Screenings available to the Older Women

February 7, 2018

At 35, pregnancy is taken much more seriously than at 20. A lot of tests and screenings are offered to the older pregnant woman. That is because after 35, pregnancy is considered riskier for the health of the baby and the mother. Blood tests are performed with any pregnancy for several reasons. Blood types and […]

Continue Reading

What are the causes of False Positive Pregnancy Tests

February 7, 2018

When a healthy woman in her child bearing years misses a period, the first thing she does is go to the store and buy a home pregnancy test. Home pregnancy tests are 97% accurate, but the other 3% can give a false positive or in some cases a false negative. Causes for false positives are […]

Continue Reading

Why Pregnant Youth under Age 26 are not Covered in the new us Health Plan

February 7, 2018

The new US health plan is a hotly debated topic in many local and world forums, which discuss matters related to health care provisions. Many view the new legislation, the Affordable Care Act, which is also known as ‘obamacare’, to be a turning point in U.S. health reforms. One category, which benefitted through the Affordable […]

Continue Reading

Understanding Food Aversions and Cravings

February 7, 2018

You will find, almost as soon as you find out you’re pregnant, that your taste in food suddenly changes. Many of these changes go along with morning sickness, since a lot of women are nauseated by particular foods, even ones they used to find appealing. There are many possible physiological reasons for both cravings and […]

Continue Reading

Natural Ways to Induce Labor

February 7, 2018

You think you will be pregnant forever, the longest month of your life. Your back aches and you feel uncomfortable. You think you will never sleep again. People keep asking, “Haven’t you had that baby yet?” You ache to try out that new crib, those pretty clothes, and hold that precious bundle from heaven in […]

Continue Reading

Is Knowing Potential Problems in Pregnancy more Helpful or Harmful for the – Helpful

February 7, 2018

The thrill of seeing the positive mark on the pregnancy test was sweetly electrifying, I was pregnant with my second child! The birth of my first child had been very out of control and the turn out was an emergency c-section. This time, everything was going to be great. Naturally, I made my first doctor’s […]

Continue Reading